[Qgis-user] ogr2ogr, osm, and spatialite

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Aug 31 12:50:31 PDT 2014

Thomas Endres <endres.thomas at ...> writes:

> I have downloaded north-america-latest.osm.pbf from geofabrik and am
struggling trying set this up for use in QGIS.

> My hope is to create a spatialite db but I receive the following error
repeated over a dozen times using the following command:
> ogr2ogr -f SQLite -dsco spatialite=yes -gt 20000 --config
OGR_SQLITESYNCRONOUS OFF north-america.sqlite north-america-latest.osm.pbf

> Warning 1: organizePolygons() received an unexpected geometry.
> Either a polygon with interior rings, or a polygon with less than 4
points, or a non-Polygon geometry. Return arguments as a collection.

> My search for a fix has proven fruitless after having the same outcome
from a few attempts.
> I am left with a 33.1GB file which Spatialite GUI can see but everything
hangs when trying to do anything with GIS.

Hi,

Add -skipfailures to your command and have a new try. If that does not work
try to do import layer by layer and add -sql "select * from multipolygons
where IsValid(geometry)=1".

-Jukka Rahkonen-