[Qgis-user] Symbology Export

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Mon Mar 10 08:07:50 PDT 2014

Hi Andreas,
I don't believe QGIS exports any KML styling. I was interested in doing a
full style KML export and got this -
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/styling-a-KML-KMZ-file-using-QGIS-td4125929.html-
seems not to be possible.

I'll open a ticket for removing/hiding it. I'd suggest you open a ticket
for expanding it - you know more about it so will be able to write a better
ticket about it. :-)

Regards,
Jonathan

On 10 March 2014 14:59, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually it is not tied to DXF, but DXF was the reason why it was
> introduced. It is just generic OGR feature styling.
>
> Maybe it should be removed/hidden/disabled because DXF now has its
> separate export. Maybe assign Marco Hugentobler to this ticket as he
> worked on this.
>
> Unless someone wants to work on it and improve it.
>
> Does it not work at all with KML? Not even a simple line color?
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 10.03.2014 14:49, schrieb Jonathan Moules:
> > Hi Andreas,
> > Thanks for the information. I'd suggest it should probably be removed
> > until/unless it is fleshed out as you note. Either that or changed to be
> > "Datasource option" specific for DXF.
> > Should I open a ticket for this?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jonathan
> >

> > On 10 March 2014 14:35, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jonathan,
> >>
> >> This was originally introduced for DXF export to keep symbology as good
> >> as it can - which is now in its separate function (Project -> DXF
> >> Export) and not in the "save layer as" anymore.
> >>
> >> It uses the OGR feature styling, which in itself is rather limiting.
> >> This isn't widely implemented and tested. Would be nice if some devs or
> >> interested customers/users could give it some love.
> >>
> >> Andreas

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,
including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.