[Qgis-user] Creating DEM from ASCII Coordinates

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Nov 8 08:43:21 PST 2014

Am 08.11.2014 um 14:56 schrieb berounba:

> Using Raster -> Conversion -> Translate I've got the error
> 	ERROR 1: At line 1, found 5550999.000000 instead of 5551154.000000
> for nBlockYOff = 0

from http://www.gdal.org/frmt_xyz.html:

"Cells with same Y coordinates must be placed on consecutive lines. For
a same Y coordinate value, the lines in the dataset must be organized by
increasing X values."

The lines you show are correct, don't know about the rest.

> Running Raster -> Analysis -> Grid on the layer after RMC save as Shapefile
> results in an GeoTIFF-File with "nan"-Values

In the dialogue, you have to specify which data field contains the Z
value for interpolation. default is nothing.

HTH,
André Joost