[Qgis-user] Qgis 2.6 Brighton on Mac Osx 10.10 Yosemite

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:15:51 PST 2014

Hello Geoff,
the first thing to check is having the right tools in place, this also
helps you to get your ECW file converted.
By the command line, try using GDAL.
/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/Current/Programs/gdal_translate
WhatYouGet.ECW WhatYouWant.TIF
You may want to refine your conversion with the provided options (you will
find part of them in QGIS menus). Just get some help by issuing:
/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/Current/Programs/gdal_translate
--help-general
(or --long-usage).
If I remember well, the installer does something to put the current version
of the tools more easily available by symlinking them in your
/usr/local/bin, so you may try omitting this long path an just typing
gdal_translate
It should work. If you don't get your file properly translated, double
check your installation.