[Qgis-user] Qgis 2.6 Brighton on Mac Osx 10.10 Yosemite

Geoff Dickson dickovich at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:41:45 PST 2014

Carlo

Ok thankyou.  I have navigated to the first folder location and executed gdal_translate --help-general

Output-
$ ./gdal_translate
Usage: gdal_translate [--help-general] [--long-usage]
       [-ot {Byte/Int16/UInt16/UInt32/Int32/Float32/Float64/
             CInt16/CInt32/CFloat32/CFloat64}] [-strict]
       [-of format] [-b band] [-mask band] [-expand {gray|rgb|rgba}]
       [-outsize xsize[%] ysize[%]]
       [-unscale] [-scale [src_min src_max [dst_min dst_max]]]
       [-srcwin xoff yoff xsize ysize] [-projwin ulx uly lrx lry] [-epo] [-eco]
       [-a_srs srs_def] [-a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry] [-a_nodata value]
       [-gcp pixel line easting northing [elevation]]*
       [-mo "META-TAG=VALUE"]* [-q] [-sds]
       [-co "NAME=VALUE"]* [-stats]
       src_dataset dst_dataset

I then executed GDAL trying to get a file translated -

MYNAME$ ./gdal_translate /users/MYNAME/Desktop/testfile.ecw testoutput.TIF
ERROR 4: `/users/MYNAME/Desktop/testfile.ecw' not recognised as a supported file format.

GDALOpen failed - 4
`/users/dickovich/Desktop/testfile.ecw' not recognised as a supported file format.

It would seem that it still does not like the ECW file format - but GDAL appears to be working.

How do I fix the ECW element of my install ?

Geoff