[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.8 runtime error

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:51:39 PDT 2015

HI Ross and QGIS Users,

I tried the solution from the forum but still I am receiving runtime error.
I run process explorer and found that msvcr71.dll and msvcr100.dll in my
C:\OSGeo4W/bin\ directory. I tried to 1) remove both; 2) remove
msvcr71.dll, and 3) msvcr100.dll but still I am getting the runtime error
prompt when opening QGIS.

When I installed QGIS 2.8 I erased first all the qgis files in my C:\
directory before running the OSGeo installer. I do not know if this has
something to do with this issue. Because before I installed QGIS 2.6,
installed also using OSGeo installer, but I have no issue like this.

Thanks,
-Leo