[Qgis-user] QGIS & Spatialite: problem with renewed views

X Of xof.biz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 08:41:12 PDT 2015

Dear List

In spatialite, if I renew a view (drop a view and recreate it under the
same name but with different content/fields), QGIS somehow is not
adapting to this new situation. I am not able to re-import the new view
as a layer to QGIS (well, I'm able to re-import, but QGIS only shows the
fields that have been present in the previous version of the view, that
got dropped).

In the db-manager everything is looking good - I can "manually" query
the renewed view just fine.

I've tried to also delete the view from the views_geometry_columns-table
and re-insert it there - QGIS still doesn't recognize the new view.

My only workaround so far ist to create the new view under a slightly
different name each time (testview2, testview3, testview4...).

Any help on this topic is highly appreciated..
Thank you!