[Qgis-user] Convert mapinfo styles toward qgis styles

image93 lcelati at cci-paris-idf.fr
Tue Feb 3 08:34:10 PST 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. So I would like convert a big point layer from
.Tab toward .SHP and saving the style into Qgis. The symbology of my layer
is quite complexe (variables of coulours, shape, symbols). I'm working with
a windows 7 32 bits. Mapinfo 12.0 and qgis 2.6 are installed.

So i downloaded the plugin from this following repository :

https://github.com/NathanW2/MapInfo-to-QGIS-style-generator

I opened the prompt command OsGeo4W shell available with my qgis 2.6.

I tried to execute the plugin. I received an error message. This message
seems to be dealing with a fied which must be supplied (with -c argument).
Sorry but i don't understand. Which column must be supplied?

The current structure of my command is :
python mapinfoToQgis.py pathINPUT.Tab pathOUTPUT.qml --UseMapInfo

*I paste two screen shots : *

A. focus on my .Tab mapinfo POINT layer with complex symbology
SS_symb_complexe.JPG
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5185289/SS_symb_complexe.JPG>

B. error mesage via prompt command
SS_Mi2Qgis.JPG