[Qgis-user] Windows only, QGIS geoprocessing path bug?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Jul 1 14:47:30 PDT 2015

Hi,
I have a problem with in-house IT security & QGIS geoprocessing under Windows.
I'm trying to use R from within QGIS processing toolkit. The path to the R binaries is in the system path, but not my personal path, & I do not have permissions to change my path on this laptop.
I can run R from a terminal command line, but R is not found in QGIS. I believe this is because QGIS is checking in the user path, but ignoring the system path environment variables, so fails to find R.
I realise this is a problem created by IT security policies, rather than strictly a QGIS issue, but still feel QGIS should be checking both paths to locate external executable files.
Is it reasonable to file a bug for this?
Thanks
Brent Wood