[Qgis-user] [Off-Topic] Field Data Collection with QGIS

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Jul 30 00:05:59 PDT 2015

Forgot to mention:

If you want to use an internal GPS make sure that your device has a proper GPS and not only AGPS which is not only poor in precision but also only works with internet connection…

Furthermore, Tablet-Accessories that were useful for us were:

-        A digitizing pen (if you go for e.g. a tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 that is included). Esp. for me a digitizing pen was essential in order to use the device at all.

-        A micro USB to USB converter (and if you go for a Windows tablet a portable docking station, so you can use your tablet like a normal comuter, with external Monitor and so on, see e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPY4m8iY0k)

-        A hand strap, so you do not have to hold the tablet all the time,

-        A rugged case in case you do not walk in easy terrain…

BTW, on our Windows tablets we deactivated the “Lock screen” and the requirement to enter username and password after wake-up, which would have been quite time consuming.

Good luck with your study.

Cheers
Stefan