[Qgis-user] SAGA Mac OSX in QGIS 2.8.2

Olav Peeters opeeters at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:22:59 PDT 2015

Hi,
I'm having issues with the SAGA modules in Qgis 2.8.2. Performing an
analysis ends with:

Oooops! The following output layers could not be open
Grid:
/var/folders/g4/__hdq_jj7fb095y56hsbprzh0000gn/T/processing/e60cad6f141643fa9d38f85fc7e74aef/USERGRID.tif
The above files could not be opened, which probably indicates that they
were not correctly produced by the executed algorithm
Checking the log information might help you see why those layers were
not created as expected

According to the readme (dmg from
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis) I should temporarily move all
files in:
/Library/Application Support/GDAL/1.11/PlugIns
to elsewhere or rename the PlugIns directory. But this directory is empty.

I did install the recent GDAL 1.11 Complete [39.3 MiB] 2015-5-18 from:
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks#gdal_complete

The path as specified in the options of the processing plugin in QGIS is:
/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/saga/
And indeed all SAGA modules are there..

Does anyone have any pointers?
I also tried uninstalling, deleting ~/.qgis2, deleting the plist's of
QGIS, reinstalling both 2.8.1 and 2.8.2.. no luck.

Cheers,
Olav