[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.8.2 for RHEL/EPEL 7

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:48:26 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Tudorache, Marian <
Marian.Tudorache at navcanada.ca> wrote:

>  Thank you Dave,
>

> I am looking forward for those tutorials.
>
> When can you send me those links?

I meant for you to find some on your own, but the first result when
googling "how to use yum" is a pretty good source of info:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/9934

The above link gives a lot more detail, but yum is an "rpm manager" so you
basically just setup repos and then install an application/library and it
will find and install all of the dependencies for you. For example, you run
a command like "yum install qgis" and then it installs everything you need
for QGIS to work.

Info about setting up EPEL can be found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_can_I_install_the_packages_from_the_EPEL_software_repository.3F
and in the case of the testing repos, then you'd do "yum install
--enablerepo=epel-testing qgis".