[Qgis-user] Qgis Windows : How to change default path for “.qgis2” folder

image93 lcelati at cci-paris-idf.fr
Sun Jun 21 04:28:22 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm working with windows 8 32 bits OS and qgis 2.8.2.

The qgis default installing path for ".qgis2" folder is
C:\Users\image95.qgis2. This directory stores several usefull components
like qgis extensions, svg images or cache.

I want really to move the location of this directory toward my D: disk

That's why, i edited the qgis.bat file and i added the following line :

--configpath "D:\cci93\test_modify_config_path"

So, currently, my qgis.bat file is like that :

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5212125/qgis.jpg>

Unfortunatly, my attempt did not seem to have the expected effect.When i
restart qgis and i install new extensions, the installation directory seems
to be always the C:\Users\image95.qgis2 . Moreover, the extensions installed
earlier are no longer availaible and usable.

Could you tell me the way in order to change reliably and properly the path
of the directory ".qgis2"?

In advance, thank you very much.

Kind regards.