[Qgis-user] Icons of GRASS tool do not display

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat Nov 28 08:44:46 PST 2015

Le 28/11/2015 11:28, Patrick Giraudoux a écrit :
> Dear listers,
>
> I have just installed QGIS Lyon with GRASS 6.4.4 (standalone), on
> Windows 7,  but cannot get the usual GRASS toolbar (I just have "open
> the GRASS tools" and "set de current region" icons. This makes me
> unable to display GRASS rasters or vectors into QGIS. However, in
> earlier projects where GRASS objects were already displayed in QGIS, I
> get them displayed OK as layers...
>
> Any idea about how to proceed to get access to the commands "Add a
> raster layer from GRASS" or "Add a vector layer from GRASS"?
>
> Best,
>
> Patrick

Sorry to respond to myself, but I have found a solution, and I thought
it may help other users. There are no longer icons to display GRASS
raster/vector objects in a tool bar, but the user must use the QGIS
browser panel ("explorateur" in French) to fetch the appropriate file in
the relevant GRASS project (see
https://www.qgis.org/fr/site/forusers/visualchangelog212/index.html#plugins).

Must admit I prefer the straight solution of earlier versions, where a
dialog box permitted easy access to the GRASS mapset that was opened
from icons. Anyway, no choice in the latest version as long as I
understand... Suppose there has been good reasons to do so and that I
will discover them later :-)

Patrick