[Qgis-user] QGIS-PLUGIN--GRASS

Paul Shapley p.shapley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:28:28 PDT 2016

Hi Radim,

Thanks for your kind reply...unfortunately i tried your suggestion (as i
understood it) but no change. I then changed to the QGIS nightlies with
GRASS 7.0.3 stable and now i get the following error:-

GRASS init error: Problem in GRASS initialization, GRASS provider and
plugin will not work : Module built against version $Revision: 64733 $ but
trying to use version $Revision: 67364 $. You need to rebuild GRASS GIS or
untangle multiple installations.

so i seems if i use QGIS stable and Grass 7.0.3 i get the error:

Plugin libgrassplugin7: The plugin will be disabled because it crashed QGIS
> during last startup. Please report an issue and re-enable the plugin when
> the problem has been solved" in the yellow panel.

My only option appears to be to install GRASS r64733? Would anyone agree?

Many thanks for your time.

Paul Shapley

On 11 April 2016 at 12:32, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Paul Shapley <p.shapley at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get the 'libgrassplugin7.so' library working with QGIS
> 2.14.1-
> > 'Essen' on Ubuntu 15.10. I get the following error:-
> >
> > "Plugin libgrassplugin7: The plugin will be disabled because it crashed
> QGIS
> > during last startup. Please report an issue and re-enable the plugin when
> > the problem has been solved" in the yellow panel.
>
> Can you remove /Plugins/watchDog/<plugin name> from QGIS settings
> ($HOME/.config/QGIS/QGIS2.conf) and try to find out (log) why it is
> crashing.
>
> Is there a UI to remove plugin from watchDog?
> I don't think that cc650f93 reenableas plugin once it got to watchDog,
> because if it is in watchDog, it is set to false in /Plugins/<plugin
> name> and thus not tried to load.
>
> Radim
>

> > There is no error reported in the 'plugin' log
> >
> > installation details:-
> >
> > Package from: http://qgis.org/debian wily main
> > Plugin: qgis-plugin-grass 1:2.14.1+23wily (latest version)
> > Grass v7.0.3 r00000
> >
> > I am wondering whether it requires a different release of GRASS
> installed to
> > work.
> >
> > Any ideas welcome
> >
> > Many Thanks,