[Qgis-user] ARCGIS Geodatabase import raster

Mats Elfström mats.elfstrom at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:35:04 PST 2016

Hi Grant!
You need to know your data. That is prio one.
As the open API:s for file geodatabases do not support raster storage, you
will need to get back to your supplier and request a data format you can
handle.
I nevers store rasters in gdb since it is a dead end.
There are many other raster formats, well suited for GIS data to choose
from.
GeoTIFF and ecw are my favourites since they contain (or can contain)
georeferencing information.

Regards, Mats.E

> Thank you for the information on the geodatabase files. It appears my
> problem might be that the geodatabase files I am trying to open are raster
> files. I can now open geodatabase vector files no problem – thanks to
> everyone’s input. Should raster files also open, or is there a different
> process required?
>

> Grant Boxer
>
> Consultant Geologist (*FAIG R.P. Geo*)
>
> Perth, Western Australia

Mats Elfström, Väpplingvägen 21, SE-227 38 LUND, Sweden
tel: +46 46 145959 / mob: +46 70 595 39 35
alt e-mail: mats.elfstrom at giskraft.com <mats.elfstrom at telia.com>