[Qgis-user] QGIS big fail in deleting Shapes!!

gisfisch at t-online.de gisfisch at t-online.de
Tue Jan 19 22:31:31 PST 2016

Dear Saber,

thank you very much for your answer. I understand that there are
limitations in resources for the development. But if I have to deal with
limitations, I should work on very important features first and leave less
important things for later. Eg, if a BMW or Mercedes build a car that loses
it wheels while you are driving, they should fix this first before thinking
about new colors for the outer paint. When QGIS corrupts shape datasets
without warning and this is known for months,I wonder why anybody works on
new features like colored cells in tables. I'm sure that shapefile editing
is so fundamental to a GI system that we don't have to discuss this
in-depth.

I have very very bad experience with bugs and support of proprietary
software, in detail it's Bentley Map (former Microstation Geographics). I
payd thousands only to find out that the 'professional' support can't help
users or resolve bugs in their own software. So I know that this is not a
QGIS problem only.

In principle, I agree to support QGIS development as a sponsor. But i think
that it makes sense only if the very fundamental things like reliabilty in
editing the world's most used geographic data format have the highest
priority in the project. Yet, I cannot see if this is the case.

Regards, Uwe

-----Original-Nachricht-----