[Qgis-user] QGIS big fail in deleting Shapes!!

Dietrich Heintz dheintz at gmx.net
Tue Jan 19 23:16:08 PST 2016

Dear Uwe,
shape-file format is a proprietary format and we sometimes observe that
huge shape-files perform better (faster) in ESRI software.
I work a lot with shape-files, but the problem you describe I never had.
If you have ArcGIS license you can manipulate the shape-file there. If
you don't have you will do it in QGIS or any other open-source GIS software.
That is all to say about competition. If you had a version of ArcView
you might have detected even more problems when working with huge
shape-files, although it always was very fast.

ciao Dieter