[Qgis-user] crash loading missing wfs connection

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 23 11:46:41 PST 2016

On 23-01-16 15:45, emmexx wrote:

>> So is it a special/public wfs, can you give the connection url?
>> Or is it a local one, which you run yourself?
>
> You don't need a specific connection. You can just add a non existent
> connection to your QGIS2.conf file.
>
> My problem surfaced when I temporarily disabled the production geoserver
> to run a test. I installed on the server a different geoserver version
> in a different folder. I connected QGIS to this server, run the test and
> enabled the production server.
> The production server url was:
> http://publicip:8080/geoserver/wfs
> The test server:
> http://publicip:8080/gs281/wfs

Tried to reply your scenario here with latest master:
- one 2.8 geoserver on 8080, layer foo
- one 2.6 geoserver on 8080 without layer foo
- starting qgis with 2.8/foo
- while layer loaded, stop 2.8 and start 2.6
- no problems, only I miss data (off course)

I cannot reproduce it, BUT plz try yourself, maybe it has something to
do with certain settings (like OTF yes/no, special crs, multithreaded
rendering etc etc).

Regards & keep testing the upcoming 2.14 :-)

Regards,

Richard