[Qgis-user] Failed to import OSM data: XML error: Storing node 1, 920, 141, 933 failed.

Jochen Albrecht jochen.albrecht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:25:48 PST 2016

I am trying to import a full version (700 GBytes) of OSM into SpatiaLIteand
everything is going smoorthly - until it doesn't. Is there a way to run
this import in a more transparent fashion, so that I can see what the error
is? I was surprised that as the import kept chugging along, no disk space
was consumed on any of my drives (temp, destination).
I know that some folks out there have been working with the full (planet)
XML and am now seeking advice as to how they did it (unlikely that it
worked for them at their first trial).
I am working with QGIS 2.12.1 64-bit on a choice of Windows 8 or Ubuntu.
Eventually, I would like to create a TIN of the road network nodes, so I
need to be able to open the data set sequentially in a database rather than
Cheers,
     Jochen