[Qgis-user] Failed to import OSM data: XML error: Storing node 1, 920, 141, 933 failed.

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Jan 25 02:58:55 PST 2016

Am 25.01.2016 um 09:14 schrieb Jochen Albrecht:
> Thank you Andre.

Please answer to the mailing list, so that others can benefit from the
discussion as well.

> PostGIS would have been my next move.
> I wanted to use the database to filter out the road network - do you
> suggest that I do this with a (Python) script on the XML file?

You have to store all the nodes temporarily to get those of the roads in
a second step, because Openstreetmap data has only geographic
coordinates for the nodes.

Osmosis is designed to do that on the XML file. I have not tested it
myself on the whole planet.

HTH,
André Joost