[Qgis-user] downloading a wms geoservice from QGis

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 7 12:44:53 PST 2016

Hi Juliana,

"Save AS" as a WMS should work fine - but you need to specify a useful
extent and resolution (in map units of your projection). Otherwise it
probably fails.

I just tested it and it works fine.

The bigger question is: will CARTO allow to upload larger Geotiff files?
Did you check that?

Note that WMS are always raster. You can't convert it into a shp file.

Andreas