[Qgis-user] Composer Atlas: How get rid of the big red cross when there is no image?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 14:17:55 PDT 2016

Am 26.10.2016, 22:57 Uhr, schrieb Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>:

> On 27 Oct 2016 6:51 AM, "Bernd Vogelgesang" <bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> Arghh, sorry for the noise!
>>
>> When hovering over the data-driven input button not so hectically, I
>> discovered the explanation that it expects a 0 or 1.
>> So
>> case when'mypath'|| @atlas_pagename ||'_1.jpeg' IS NULL
>> THEN
>> 0
>> END
>>
>> did the trick!
>
> This is odd... A null picture expression should be rendered empty, not
> as the red cross. The red cross is intended only as an >obnoxious,
> obvious indicator that a picture path was set but couldn't be found.
>
> The expression above would only result in 0 if @atlas_pagename is null.
>
> Nyall

Well, yeah, I was too early to announce the solution. In fact this did not
render the missing image, but also not the one which is there :(

case when
'/media/Daten/IVL_Projekte/2016024_Feldhamster_NEA/2_EINGANG_MA/Bernd/QGIS/Fotos/'||
@atlas_pagename ||'_1.jpeg' IS NULL
THEN
1
ELSE
0
END

This should do it. But now I am again where is started: When the image is
there, it is rendered, when not, the red cross is exported as well.

:(

Bernd