[Qgis-user] Ubuntu updating instructions

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 03:02:56 PDT 2016

Am 13.09.2016, 16:51 Uhr, schrieb Blumentrath, Stefan
<Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no>:

> And if I may add:
>
> Even if the users are aware of the fact that ubuntugis-unstable contains
> the current releases, it can be hard to impossible >to convince a
> GIS-ignorant system administrator that it is OK to install “unstable”
> packages.
>

> But this issue is not a QGIS issue I guess...

Actually, this problem could be easily solved, if there was only a single
line of explanation added next to each of the repositories in the install
instructions, so the uneducated or doubtful can be told and convinced
which package ships which flavour.
And yes, I was told to change this myself and given privileges to do so a
while ago, but I couldn't find the energy to fiddle myself into the
system. And I am still confused myself, cause behaviour seems to change
 from release to release a bit.

At the moment, I can hardly write cause my right hand is in plaster and
writing and pushing a mouse is a nightmare. So could not some less
handicapped and more literate guy add some explanations to the website?

Cheers
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang