[Qgis-user] Bug copying features

Martin Bain Martin.Bain at lismore.nsw.gov.au
Thu Apr 20 15:53:10 PDT 2017

Hi Reginald,
I experience this regularly, I'm yet to work out what causes it to happen.  I have not raised an issue because I'm still not able to reproduce it.  Most times I see it happen is right at the start of a session - restarting QGIS generally fixes it, but sometimes it starts to happen after many successful copy pastes.

By chance did you see my post from a few weeks ago: "Last Y coordinate sometimes dropped on pasted geometries"?  Usually when I get the pasted NULL values I also experience the last Y coordinate turning to zero.

Most of my layers are MS SQL spatial. I'm using 2.18.4 on Win 7 32 bit

I haven't identified the use of any particular action or plugin that triggers the problem.  I thought it may be some contention for the clipboard, if I have excel open I usually see that message in excel about being unable to clear the clipboard because another app is using it.  But I've now had it happen when excel is not running.

I've always had to restart QGIS once the problem begins. However just yesterday I started to get the pasted NULLs, I clicked a few different parts of the QGIS interface - menus, changed the active layer, etc, then hit Control-C a few more times, switched layers and pasted successfully!  That was a first, no restart required.  I have a heavy editing session coming up, so I'll see what happens today.

Regards,
Martin.