[Qgis-user] New user

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Feb 15 21:10:21 PST 2017

Hi,

Canada has lots of free stuff including topographic maps.  Most topographic base maps are 1:50k (called canvec) or 1:250k. Provinces usually use 1:20k.   You can search for canmatrix also.  Geogratis and geobase web site has lots of database and nrcan does a very good job giving stuff out for free.  You will find some great wms servers also.   You will also find stuff on open.canada.ca.  The site is not a map data site but it does have a lot of stuff like Lidar data.

Good luck

Nicolas

http://open.canada.ca/en

http://www.geobase.ca/