[Qgis-user] New user

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Feb 16 10:33:55 PST 2017

Stephen,

   I'm glad to hear you were successful.  There used to be an easier to
use site called GeoBase (http://www.geobase.ca/), but now it just points
to Geogratis.  Still, it can be a useful list.

   Another data source you might consider is OpenStreetMap
(https://www.openstreetmap.org/).  It is basically open data citizen
cartography and you can contribute to the data by digitizing features in
your browser you find missing (like your creek), or uploading GPS tracks.

   As for the PDF, while you can add attachments to the email to the
mailing list, there may be a size limitation.

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser