[Qgis-user] Selecting ticked-off features

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Jul 14 00:29:36 PDT 2017

Hi all,
I experienced a strange behaviour of the selection tool: My point layer
has a rule-based style. If I tick off certain rules to not display their
members, the corresponding features get selected nonetheless if
selection is done by a mouse rectangle. Even worse if the rule has a
scale range set and the map canvas is out of this scale range, the
features still get selected. If a scale range is applied to the whole
layer and the map canvas is out of this scale range (= nothing is
displayed) still all features in the rectangle get selected. On the
other hand if the whole layer is unticked (= not visible) no selection
is performed.

Is there any setting I am missing or is this a bug (or feature)? I would
expect to only select features being visible on the canvas (even if not
visible because other features are drawn on top).

Checked on both, QGIS 2.14.14 on Win7 and QGIS 2.18.10 on Ubuntu

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 15744 (20170714) __________

http://www.eset.com