[Qgis-user] Turn by Turn driving directions from GPX trac

Stefan Löhr loehr at topographics.de
Wed Jul 26 23:40:29 PDT 2017

Hello,

one of my friends is a biker and asked me if it is possible to generate
turn-by-turn navigation instructions from a recorded gpx trac.
For example he wants to drive a specific route and record this route
with a gps device.
After that he wants to give turn-by-turn directions to his friends, so
that they can drive the exact same route.
(He specifically wants turn-by-turn instructions because some of his
friends don't have/want gps devices)

I searched the web and found some websites that can import gpx tracs and
create a map, but I could not get turn-by-turn instructions.

Question: does someone know of a QGIS Plugin that can do something like
that?

Bonus points if the routing information comes from OSM, because he often
uses OpenCycleMap.

Thanks for any hint!