[Qgis-user] Can we make QGIS stop lying?

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu May 25 12:00:47 PDT 2017

I agree with Tobias on this. I am not sure what all the issues are and I
know it can get complicated but more than once I have been bitten with
wrong answers because of this.

I think it would be good to have a check box or drop down menu to be able
to select geodesic routines to be used by the measure tool.

If I ever get a QGIS development environment set up I have wanted to
incorporate geographiclib routines (as it is better than Vincenty) as core
routines assuming the work would be accepted. There are a number of
geodesic algorithms missing from the QGIS API that would be good to add as
well.

Calvin