[Qgis-user] Building models in QGIS

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 03:22:33 PDT 2017

Hi Karl,

QGIS native 3D already supports 3D models:
http://assimp.org/main_features_formats.html

See also:
https://twitter.com/AndiNeum/status/926035833358094336

For buildings, ideally you need to have them as 3D polygons (e.g. CityGML).
With the latest versions of GDAL/OGR you can convert them to a usable
format and render them as 3D in QGIS:
 http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/blog/2017/10/16/buildings-in-qgis3d/

Regards
Saber