[Qgis-user] QGIS to Blender - Converter / free global elevation mesh dataset

Michael Nolde mnolde at gmx.net
Fri Nov 3 06:56:12 PDT 2017

Hi Bernd,

Admittedly, geoTriMesh does get rather slow when using "larger" input
datasets. So you either might want to test with some lower resolution
data, or use the tiling-option, which seperates the input data into
smaller subsets.

For testing purposes, I included some sample files within the download,
you can find them in the plugin-directory
(\geoTriMeshQGIS\lib\geotrimesh\demodata). For a low resolution test
run, you can use, for example:

Bondaries: 'osm_2017_pottenstein_simple.shp'

DEM: 'gtopo30_1996_clip_pottenstein.tif'

Orthofoto: 'bmng_2004_clip_pottenstein.tif'

It should not take longer than a couple of seconds.

I totally agree that a little help file would be useful. I will see to
writing some more documentation in the near future.

Best regards,

Michael

Message: 3