[Qgis-user] Building models in QGIS

Tyler Veinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 08:35:22 PDT 2017

All;
QGIS 3 is going to be awesome, well it is now, I just added my model to a
3D map as a model point and it looks pretty good. I used a number of
methods in COLLADA; no texture, texture, photo texture, edges, 2 sided
edges, etc.. they all seem to work. The only thing I will note is that the
Photo Textures are upside down on the faces.
As for the base data, I added a rasterized DEM but it doesn't seem to
display as 3D, it looks more like a flat hillshade.
Anyway this is a newer QGIS than what I am use too and still in Dev stages
so I am sure I am just overlooking something or if it is an issue it will
be fixed by release.
Anyway, this is great. Thanks for the help.
Tyler