[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 Standalone Python Script

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Aug 6 06:14:37 PDT 2018

Found the solution.  Qt5 is having trouble figuring out its plugin path relative to its frameworks (I don't know if it's a bug or not), you need to tell it with:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/Plugins

> On Aug 5, 2018, at 2:47 PM, Chris B <snowstorms at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Since I am having the same error as DT, I tried your suggestion but it still
> returns the same error.  Is there anything in this bash profile that would
> cause problems?
>
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/:/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/Frameworks/
> export
> PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python
>
> export PATH=~$PYTHONPATH:$PATH
> export PATH=~/Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/2.2/Programs:$PATH
> export PATH=~/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/Resources/python:$PATH
>
> export PATH=~/.local/bin:$PATH
>
> source ~/.bashrc
>
> # Setting PATH for Python 3.6
> # The original version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
> PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:${PATH}"
> export PATH
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin