[Qgis-user] Irregular map frame with transparent mask?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 04:05:56 PDT 2018

Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Unfortunatly this was not what I was looking for. I was looking for a mask
in the Layouts window. And I would like it to be full transparent regarding
other elements of the layout.

Following the example of the video, I would like to have a map item with
the shape of that country. but I would like to see the layout items that
are around the map.

Cherry on top of the cake: that the grids still work fine with labels
around the edges of the irregular shape.

I hate cite ESRI but here it goes... Something like this image:

https://community.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-753103-397442/pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Alex

Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> escreveu no dia quarta,
20/06/2018 às 08:56:

> Works like a charm.
>
> Thanks Frank for the tip! Quick and easy:
> - copy a feature
> - paste as memory layer
> - put it on top
> - choose 'Inverted polygons' as Symbology
> - fiddle with transparency
>
> Is worth a blog post somewhere if you ask me :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Duivenvoorde
>
> On 20-06-18 08:39, Frank Broniewski wrote:
> > The process in this video is really outdated, there’s an „inverted
> > polygon“ renderer which does the same without having to go through all
> > the hassle. You can find the renderer where you „select single symbol“,
> > „categorized“ etc.
> >

> > HHT
> > Frank
> >

> > Dipl. Geogr. Frank Broniewski