[Qgis-user] qgis 3.2 attribute table thousand separator

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 02:04:20 PDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Michael Schulz <mandschulz at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> short question: in the attribute table of a database (pg) query layer,
> that has an integer field, the values are displayed with a thousand
> separator (1.003 instead of 1003). Is this new in QGIS 3.2? It's kind of
> annoying, because if you copy the value, the separator is copied as well,
> so you cannot paste it and use it directly in another query...

Yes: this is new in 3.2 and was aimed to reduce inconsistencies in number
representation though all QGIS application.

QGIS now respects user's locale taken from the operating system settings,
you can choose a different thousand separator or omit it completely by
modifying the settings in your operating system (QGIS restart is required).

Eventually, we could implement these settings as overrides at the
application level for a more fine grained control.

Cheers

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it