[Qgis-user] How to use the digitize tab in layer properties in QGIS 3.4

Andreas Wicht a.wicht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 02:10:42 PST 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 09:23, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
>  * Precision and remove duplicate nodes should work straightforward.
>
>  * The panel will show up immediately when there are errors on invalid geometries (e.g. self-intersection).
>
>  * The panel will show up when trying to save the layer when topology checks fail.
>
> With the initial release there was an issue that the checks were only enabled if the project was saved and reloaded. Meanwhile this has been fixed and the checks can be activated and will take effect immediately (with the next patch release 3.4.2 or any nightly build until then). There were also some severe issues which caused QGIS to crash which are already fixed in 3.4.1.

Thank you for your response, Matthias. I followed the instructions
(using 3.4.1) and got it to work.
I just noticed, that I am only able to force missing vertex errors.
When deliberately constructing gaps or overlaps those will not be
detected or QGIS crashes while checking the layers' topology. This
happened using a geopackage containing just 3 very simple polygons.
Would that be one of the issues being fixed by the upcoming 3.4.2
release?

Cheers
Andreas