[Qgis-user] QGIS Functionality and Training

Seth Cohen scohen at nfps.net
Wed Oct 3 04:35:55 PDT 2018

All,

The company I work for is in need of the following information on an upcoming project, and my boss is asking if we need to buy ArcGIS or can QGIS do all this; see the list below.

  1.  Basin delineation from LiDAR surfaces
  2.  Stage-Storage determination for each delineated basin for input into a hydrology model
  3.  Determine the longest flow path in the basin
  4.  Average slope of that flow path.
  5.  Acreage within the basin that is a certain soil grouping
  6.  Land cover size estimates, e.g. residential, timberland, open pasture, wetland, industrial, commercial, etc.
  7.  Land cover size estimates for soil grouping mentioned in #5

Also, does anyone on here provide on-site training or know of anyone or any company that provides on-site training and support?  The company I work for is willing to pay of course.  I am based out of USA, Lake City – Florida.

Thanks in advance.

Seth Cohen

Project Manager