[Qgis-user] GDAL and https links on qgis

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:06:04 PDT 2018

the main problem is that Windows have only a limited list of thrusted CAs
in a default installation. Thrusted CA are added atuomatically through a
remote query to some m$ service when you browse an URl with a WinApi
capable browser... eg. Explorer (end if I remember well also WinApi)
So the only way is to "hide" this underground handshake using a adhoc win
code using WinApi to load CA or using (if it works) CURL.

So the anwer is... not so simple, and you should thrust the M$ service that
thrust the CAs. No idea what is the best solution.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
*