[Qgis-user] point pattern analysis in West Africa

RMG reikogoodwin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:27:23 PDT 2018

Hi,
I have a species localities over four countries in West Africa, mostly
straddling Ghana. I have set the layers' CRS to WGS84 UTM31N. I want to do
point pattern analysis by overlaying a grid system over the species range.
I created a 100 km x 100 km grid layer (MMQGIS), but when I measure each
length of the grid using the measurement tool, it shows up as 1 km. What am
I doing wrong? If I change the project CRS to Clark 1880, the distance unit
correctly shows up, but it measures 180 km. What is the remedy to this
problem?

Thanks for your attention.

Reiko M. Goodwin
facebook.com/GuenonConservationCommunity/