[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX unstable, have to re-install

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Sep 28 10:51:33 PDT 2018

3.2.3 is working fine on my mac. The Mac is running High Sierra.

 I would recommend completely reinstalling it and all the dependencies as
you suggested. Under QGIS 2.18 the setting were in the users home
directory. I think your settings are kept in
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Applications Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles. Which
might indicate that the settings would be retained on a reinstall.

Best,
Clifford

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM <b.j.kobben at utwente.nl> wrote:

> Anyone else has the problem of QGIS 3.2.3 on MacOSX (10.13.6) becoming
> unstable regularly.?
>

> It’s worse than plain unstable, it does not want to start at all anymore
> (MacOS message ”QGIS quit unexpectedly”). The only thing that remedies this
>  is re-installing, or throwing the whole QGIS settings [in
> Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3] away, which basically comes down to
> reinstalling, as all settings are gone then.
>

> yours
>

> --
>
> Barend Köbben
>
> Senior Lecturer – ITC-University of Twente & ATLAS
>
> PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede (Netherlands)
>
> ITC Building (room 1-065)
>
> @barendkobben
>
> +31-(0)53 4874 253

@osm_seattle