[Qgis-user] failed to add WMS layer

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Aug 2 04:31:51 PDT 2019

On 02/08/2019 12.26, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Are trying to Connect to qgis server?
> I see the qgis dont have any issues to connect to qgis server.
>
> Instead trying to connect to a  wms mapserver or to a wms geoserver.
> I see the issue.
>
> To reply
> Cache setting size yo zero in
> Qgis and try to add a map wms to canvas from a mapserver or geoserver
>
> Please note that
> The issue is when click on add to canvas not when connect to retrieve
> the list of layers.

So it is not the capabilities request that is failing?
I just tried to reproduce this both on Linux and Windows, setting the
cache  to 0 and connect to a geoserver instance, and all goes well.
Both capabilities and getmap requests.

Can you maybe install the 'QGIS Network Logger' plugin? And see what
requests QGIS is firing to the server?
And maybe try to replay those requests in a browsers?

Others can reproduce this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde