[Qgis-user] Data defined assistant apparently does not work with buffer tool

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis at comhem.se
Wed Dec 4 03:37:59 PST 2019

Hi QGIS'ers

I am experiencing a problem while trying to generate vector buffers
using functions or fields using the "assistant".

The buffer tool works as expected for fixed buffer widths and when using
the expression editor but seemingly does not work (or produces weird
scaling problems) for data defined buffers if I use the "assistant".

I see in GitHub this has been reported for the symbology editor but it
seems that it also affects the buffer tool. I am using QGIS 3.10.0.

Has anyone also experienced this?

Hernán