[Qgis-user] Creating PDF bookmarks in Atlas created by print composer?

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Fri Jan 4 06:42:13 PST 2019

I am about to produce an Atlas in QGIS with 130 maps each showing one road.

It is created as an atlas in print composer and I have a label field in the
layout which includes the road name (from the coverage layer). I use single
file export to get one pdf document of 130 pages, all with identical layout.

I would love to make this document having PDF bookmarks leading to all the
road names for easy reference from the pdf bookmarks panel.

I can use html coding in the label but have still not found a solution on
how to get the bookmarks.

I have found one workaround in creating each map as a single pdf with the
name of the road. Then by merging all 130 pdf to one in PDFsam
(https://pdfsam.org/download-pdfsam-basic/) I can get bookmarks from the
filenames

Any ideas on how to do it directly from QGIS?

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.18.23 (OSGeo4) and Qgis 3.4.2 in parallel
Windows 7, 64bit