[Qgis-user] Layout Manager Atlas Output filename expression is not working anymore

Raúl Sangonzalo Terrado raulsangonzalo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:25:41 PST 2019

I think I have found the issue in the code. In qgslayoutatlas.cpp, in line
347. I believe that what is happening is that the entire path is converted
into a QFileInfo fileName() somehow (I'm sorry, my knowledge in C++ is very
limited) so my understanding is that because a file cannot contain a "\" in
the name, it is converted to a "_" in the dialog.

My conclusion is that this might not be a bug after all, and that now it is
working as it is supposed to be (I might be wrong though). I think in QGIS
2.18, it did what it wasn't supposed to and miraculously served our
purpose, which was to find the correct folder (constructed with an
expression) and adding the feature name to the file automatically. Any
ideas on this?

Best,
Raúl