[Qgis-user] How to get a point's coordinate for GPS?

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:29:50 PST 2019

Maria,

You can certainly do it with the field calculator, but I wanted an easier
way. I programmed this capability into the Lat Lon Tools
<http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/latlontools/>plugin. The specific function
is "Geometry to field". You can access it from "Plugins->Lat Lon
Tools->Conversions->Geometry to field" or from the processing toolbox under
Lat Lon tools.

There is a lot of functionality with this. You can export the the points to
either a single field in the attributes table with a separator or to two
fields. You can specify the output CRS. You can also choose between Decimal
degrees, DMS coordinates, GeoJSON, WKT, MGRS, and Plus Codes.

As far as getting it onto your Garmin device try the POI Exporter
<http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/poiexport/>plugin which is another plugin
I wrote. Look at the documentation. It will export your data in GPX format
and you can use Garmin Basecamp or the Garmin POI Loader to get it onto
your device.

Calvin