[Qgis-user] Clip Lines (Roads) with Polygon (States)

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Mar 17 07:03:46 PDT 2019

Like so many others I would like to clip a roads
layer to contain only roads within my polygon.  Is
this really the easiest way for me to accomplish that:
https://api.queryxchange.com/q/23_212335/clip-or-intersect-lines-to-polygon-with-qgis/

Yes, I see that there are a lot of possible ways
to interpret "clipping a line with a polygon",
but it seems like this should be easier than that.

This is provided in case anybody can use these:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/cliptest.qgs
http://www.mflan.com/temp/cliptest.qgz

Of course I don't just want it clipped, I want
a simple clipping procedure that users like me
can use.

I am using QGIS 3.2 for Windows.
Thank you.

Mike