[Qgis-user] Clip Lines (Roads) with Polygon (States)

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Sun Mar 17 10:23:41 PDT 2019

Now I am wondering if I am posting to the correct list.
I guess it's not the list I intended to post to.

Anyway, when I filled this form out
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip1.jpg
and clicked on "Run as Batch Process", it produces a
blank box:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip2.jpg

I didn't know what to do with that, so I did the same:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip3.jpg
but clicked on Run in Background, and it gave an error:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip4.jpg

But it did create a USAroads shape file.  When I loaded it
it appeared to be blank, even though it is 10.9 MB:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip5.jpg

So I tried to find Feature (26).
I believe it is this one:
http://www.mflan.com/temp/clip6.jpg

If anybody has the patience for all of this, the
layer files are here:

http://www.mflan.com/temp/roads-north_america.zip
http://www.mflan.com/temp/statep010.zip

BTW, judging by other shape files I have found in my
records, I think I have successfully clipped roads in
the past.  I just don't remember how to do it now.

Perhaps I need to create only one, single polygon for
the lower 48 states as a first step??  I will work on
that for now.

Mike