[Qgis-user] QField: possible to add entry from relation?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 11:18:05 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm going to try QField in the field for the first time, and, like
always, I want to make it complicated ;)

I have a point layer with over 500 nestingboxes in a huge area, and we
are going to inspect and clean them.

I created a Geopackage with this layer and also a non-spatial table
where I would like to enter the results/actions which were taken on the
boxes (value maps etc) and created a relation between those two layers
via the box id.

In QGIS itself, I can easily add a new entry in the non-spatial table
via the form for the point layer.

The same does not seem to work in QField, there I just see the
attributes of the point layer and thats it.

Is there a way to use relations in QField? It's not mentioned in the
docs (https://www.qfield.org/docs/index.html) that it is not possible,
but actually threre is not a lot mentioned anyway ;)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Bernd

QGIS 3.6 on Linux Mint