[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.12 python error on open plugins list manager

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Sep 27 04:41:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

The bad news is you just discovered a regression in QGIS 3.4.11 - it's now
unexpectedly dependent on Qt 5.6 (what is probably not available in your
Ubuntu).

The good news is there is a quick workaround. You can either rollback to
3.4.10 or edit your 3.4.11 to disable that improvement (probably insignificant
for you, as it only concerns private repositories with redirections) and bring
back compatibility with Qt < 5.6. Just edit the file:

/usr/share/qgis/python/pyplugin_installer/installer_data.py

and comment out line 325:

#        self.mRepositories[key]
["QRequest"].setAttribute(QNetworkRequest.FollowRedirectsAttribute, True)

It should help now :)

Regards,
Borys